M&C, the leader in asset management of rotating electrical and mechanical machines throughout Africa.
Welcome to Marthinusen & Coutts
M&C, a division of ACTOM (Pty) Ltd is BBBEE accredited. M&C’s offerings cover full on- and off-site electro-mechanical services and repairs on: power generation equipment, medium and low voltage AC and DC motors, transformers and coil manufacture, as well as the full range of engineering, testing, diagnostics, balancing and maintenance services.
- Repair and maintenance of generators, high voltage motors, medium voltage motors, low voltage motors, dc motors, traction motors, flameproof motors and transformers
- Specialised design and manufacture of new machines and components
- Coil manufacture
- On-site engineering services, maintenance and repairs
- Full range of mechanical and turbo machinery services
- Engineering design, evaluation and consulting
- Asset management programmes and contracts
- Dynamic balancing up to 32 ton
- Performance and thermal load testing facilities up to 2 MW
- Continuous improvement programmes
Your Assets Your Needs Your Service Partner
24/7 On-site Engineering Services
M&C offers a wide range of proactive, reactive and predictive maintenance services on-site, minimising your downtime and helping you maintain or improve productivity.
Generators, Alternator and Turbine Repair and Maintenance
M&C is the leading repairer of power generators for the private sector.
High & Medium Voltage AC Motors & Generator Repair and Maintenance
M&C is the proven expert in high & medium voltage AC motors – repairing the most high & medium voltage motors in Africa.
DC & AC Traction Motor Repair and Maintenance
M&C has over 50 years experience and therefore you can be assured that your DC motors, generators and all AC and DC traction motors are in the hands of experts.
Flameproof Motor Repair and Maintenance
- Manufacture and repair of all flameproof motors
- AC and DC motors
- Hazardous area certification zone 1 & zone 2
Low Voltage AC Motor & Generator Repair and Maintenance
Our facilities include a work shop equipped with a computer aided data verification system ensuring motors and generators are rewound to the most advanced specifications.
Transformer Repair and Maintenance
Our transformer division consists of the transformer coil winding facility, capable of winding coils up to 7.5 MVA. A fully mobile site services team that collects, samples and analyses transformer oil samples via an independent SABS registered laboratory.
Mechanical Repair and Maintenance
M&C with subsidiary Actom Turbo Machines are the leading service providers of turbomachinery and high-speed rotating equipment services, offering comprehensive workshop and site services to the petrochemical, mining, steel, and power generation industries in South Africa, Africa and internationally.
Manufacturing of coils for AC electric motors, AC alternators, DC generators, DC motors and traction motors, M&C’s coil shop manufactures high quality coils for armature winding companies and end users according to their specific needs.